Nashville’s last stop on their Western Conference trek ended in St. Louis Saturday night, the first meeting between the two this season. St. Louis, who is currently sitting in first in the Central Division, could easily be punted out of that spot if Nashville came in with guns blazing. And, with players like Filip Forsberg and James Neal on point, St. Louis needs to watch its back.
– St. Louis struck first with a goal at 14:30 from Jori Lehtera, his third of the season.
– Nashville was given two power play chances, but failed to capitalize on either during the first period.
– Filip Forsberg did his Forsberg thing with his sixth goal of the season at 7:15. Roman Josi (4) and James Neal (3) nabbed the assists.
– As awful as Nashville’s penalty kill can be, they did manage to hold off St. Louis’ power play at 17:49.
– After picking up an assist, James Neal collected his eight goal of the season and the game winner at 13:32 in the third. Filip Forsberg (9) and Mike Ribeiro (8) would pick up the assists.
With this win, Nashville is now 9-3-2 and the leader of the Central Division. Woot! The Preds return Tuesday night to face the Edmonton Oilers, a team Nashville has already had success over once this season (Oct. 29th – 4-1 in Edmonton). Welcome home, gentlemen.