After suffering a 3-1 loss to Winnipeg on Tuesday night, Nashville cut their losses and headed South to Dallas to take on the Stars.
– No goals for either side, but plenty of shots as Nashville takes eleven and Dallas takes ten.
– Craig Smith struck gold first at 4:10 with a PPG, his fifth goal of the season. Derek Roy (6) and Ryan Ellis (6) picked up the assists.
– Filip Forsberg would capitalize on his own PPG at 13:57, also for his fifth of the season. Roman Josi (3) and Mattias Ekholm (4) nab the assists on Forsberg’s goal.
– Trevor Daley would put Dallas on the board at 16:26, ending the second period 2-1 in favor of Nashville.
– Patrick Eaves would tie it up at 7:23 in the third, his second goal of the season.
– However, Matt Cullen would sink the game winning goal at 13:47 for his first goal of the season. Derek Roy (7) and Mattias Ekholm (5) collect the assists.
The Predators have one last stop in St. Louis before heading back to Nashville to face the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. This will be the first meeting of the season with Division rival St. Louis, who are currently 9-3-1 on the season. If Nashville beats the Blues in regulation, they will return to the top of the Central Division. No pressure.