Unless you live under a rock and are just now crawling up from underneath it, you know that a certain someone who helped establish Nashville as a legitimate hockey town will be making an appearance tonight on the opposing team’s bench. Yes, Mitch Korn will be here also but I’m talking about former Predators head coach (and now head coach of the Washington Capitals), Barry Trotz.
If you were lucky enough to score tickets to tonight’s match up (the game sold out a few days ago), you’ll be certain to get a little teary-eyed with a touching tribute video to the former coach who helped Nashville in so many ways both on and off the ice. But don’t you dare forget this man is here to collect two points and hit the road and what better way to continue their three-game winning streak than to knock out the league leader?
- Forsberg-Ribeiro-Smith, Wilson-Fisher-Neal, Cullen-Jarnkrok-Jokinen, and Bourque-Gaustad-Beck were today’s lines during practice.
- Eric Nystrom skated with the team this morning (his second straight practice), but since he is not listed in the lines above, don’t expect him in the game tonight.
- If you missed any information yesterday, Pekka Rinne will be out for around 3-5 weeks due to his sprained knee injury.
- Marek Mazanec was called up from Miwaukee to backup Carter Hutton in Rinne’s absence.
- As a stark reminder of how you should have some faith in Carter Hutton, one year ago today he made one of the most incredible (very Pekka-esque) saves ever… well, made:
From the World Wide World of Twitter: