Did Washington just shell out a butt load of money for our Joel Ward? Why yes, yes they did. $12 Million for 4 years, that is. Talk about a nice pay day indeed!
It’s nice to see other teams shelling out contracts to players, but it seems David Poile is sleeping the day away and has forgotten he has shipped almost half of his team elsewhere. Of course, Nashville has never made a decision on July 1st, and it’s looking like this year will not be any different.
We will miss our Wardo, but a lot of fans and bloggers were expecting him to leave us this coming season. It was rumored that he would be offered a ridiculous amount and, since there are about seventy “Wards” waiting for their chance to play in the big leagues, it was apparent the Preds would let good ole Wardo go. Is he worth $12M, though? Obviously that is a perfect amount to the Washington Capitals and we, although sad to see a seasoned Pred leave, are glad he will get a very nice pay raise.
Joel Ward is not the only Predator to leave us thus far:
- Steve Sullivan – Pittsburgh Penguins
- Marcel Goc – Florida Panthers
- J.P Dumont – Possible Retirement
- Shane O’Brien – Not Yet Signed Elswhere
- The UFA Seven – No Word Yet, But Very Iffy…
- Matthew Lombardi – Traded for Brett Lebda to Toronto Maple Leafs
- Cody Franson – Traded for Robert Slaney to Toronto Maple Leafs