The time has come for Nashville to visit the state to the right (…North Carolina) and take on the 7-13-3 Carolina Hurricanes. Interestingly enough, the ‘Canes collected their most recent loss to a team Nashville is currently tied first in the league with (A.K.A. the Pittsburgh Penguins). Ahh, but that doesn’t mean the Hurricanes are just going to bow down to Nashville and allow them to continue their hot streak – heck no; they’ve got the same finish line as the rest of the league. So, with that, let’s get to some highlights:
- Well, not too much action in the first period, except for a tip-in goal from Jeff Skinner (6) at 18:59, giving Carolina a late first period lead.
- No penalties for either teams and Nashville managed to get eight shots on goal, while the Hurricanes tallied six.
- No goals, no penalties, and just ten shots for Nashville and thirteen for Carolina.
- Just 55 seconds into the third, Victor Rask (4) sent a slapshot past Pekka Rinne to put the ‘Canes up 2-0 over Nashville.
- Mike Ribeiro makes certain Nashville doesn’t leave with a goose egg thanks to a backhander past Cam Ward. Roman Josi (10) nabbed the assist on Ribeiro’s 7th goal of the season.
Unfortunately, Nashville’s four-game winning streak came to an end in Carolina as the Preds fall 2-1 to the Hurricanes. The Predators need to brush it off fast as the St. Louis Blues will be in town on Thursday night.