Okay, so Christmas threw us off BIG TIME! So, instead of doing a write-up for the Dallas and Detroit games (both were losses anyway), we are going to do a super fast recap of some of the highlights from both games… RIGHT NOW! We’ll write a normal one for both the Minnesota Wild game from last night and the upcoming game against the ever-so-exciting Blues game tomorrow.
D A L L A S:
- Due to Weber’s concussion, Ryan Ellis was called up from Milwaukee for his first NHL game (of the actual season, not including preseason). He did not arrive to the Bridgestone until 6PM, one hour before the game started.
- This was the first meeting between both the Predators and the Dallas Stars this season.
- Predators first goal was at 8:56 in the second by Matt Halischuk with the assistance of Blake Geoffrion and Jerred Smithson.
- Martin Erat put the Predators up 2 – 3 at 11:45 on the power play with help from Ryan Suter and Shea Weber.
- The Stars scored quickly against Erat’s goal, but David Legwand kept the game close with a goal at 4:38 on the power play with help from Colin Wilson and Craig Smith.
- Dallas would retaliate and win the game with two goals in the third. Dallas won 6 – 3.
- Pekka was pulled during the first after allowing three goals within a span of about four minutes. The Predators out-shot the Stars 37 to 29, but it was clear the Stars were more accurate with their shots.
- Predators who saw penalty time were:
- Jordin Tootoo – 3:47 2nd Period – Tripping
- Jerred Smithson – 19:03 2nd Period – Hooking
- Blake Geoffrion – 14:28 3rd Period – Boarding
- Although this was not mentioned until the day before the Detroit game, Shea Weber took a painful, excruciating hit at the end of the Stars game by Mark Fistric. You can watch the video here: Can you believe Fistric will NOT be penalized for this hit? Yet Tootoo accidently runs into a goalie who just returned from a concussion. Yea, we’re aware you’re always going to make someone mad, but come on, NHL!! Clearly, this was a time to penalize. However, we are going to go into that… Trying to stay positive.
- Weber suffered a concussion from this hit and missed both the Detroit and Minnesota games. He will also miss the Blues game this Friday. His return is uncertain.
- Also, Kevin Klein is still sick from flu-like symptoms and has been placed on IR.
D E T R O I T:
- Not exactly the most eventful game for the Predators and their fans, the only goal of the game was scored at 17:48 in the third by Jonathon Blum. He was assisted only by Jordin Tootoo.
- The Red Wings took advantage of the captain-less Predators, but rookies Ryan Ellis and Roman Josi put up an amazing defensive fight.
- The Predators out-shot the Red Wings 32 to 22, but again, the Predators just didn’t connect as well as Detroit. Here’s who hung out in the box that night:
- Ryan Ellis – 15:58 1st Period – Interference
- Mike Fisher – 14:44 3rd Period – Holding
- Blake Geoffrion was reassigned to Milwaukee, and by the looks of it, he’ll be there for a while.
Phew! Now that we’ve recovered from Christmas and the holidays, we will be back on target with the rest of the games! Sorry if you were counting on us! Don’t worry, there are plenty of other great blogs that make up for us! Heck, half the time, they have them posted as soon as the game ends! Hopefully, one day we will get to be that way! Until then, thanks for sticking with us and…