The Preds hit Hollywood last night, ready to continue their winning streak on the West Coast with a match-up against the L.A. Kings. However, Hollywood wasn’t as nice to the Preds as they hoped, with the Kings putting up a decent fight throughout the whole game, leaving the Predators a little disheveled and disorientated. However, the Predators weren’t going to let the Kings get away with an easy win and managed to get within a goal of tying, but it just wasn’t enough for the Preds. The Kings won by one point, 4-3. Here are some of the highlights from Hollywood:
- Sergei Kostitsyn (lower body) and Kevin Klein (ankle) were scratched last night, along with Nick Spaling who remains on the Injured Reserve.
- Backup goalie Anders Lindbäck got his first start of the season, causing a few fans to sweat a little at first. The Kings scored twice on Anders within the first six minutes of the game. However, it seemed as if he was just getting warmed up and tended well after the first two goals (although he did let two slip by close to one another during the 2nd).
- Matt “Chunky Soup” Halischuk put the Preds on the board 10:41 in the 1st with an assist from captain Shea Weber.
- Looking to throw his name into the pot was Craig Smith, who (with 16:02 on the clock) tied the Preds with the Kings late in the 1st. He was unassisted on the Power Play goal.
- Close to the end of the first, David Legwand was sent to the locker room for an unknown injury. It is thought that a check from Dustin Brown may have been the issue. It was announced that Leggy had suffered from an “upper body” injury and that he would not be returning to the remaining game. He will also not be playing against the Ducks tonight, either.
- The Predators spent too much time in the penalty box again last night, but was tied with the Kings for penalties with seven. Patric Hornqvist managed to find himself in the box three times:
- Patric Hornqvist – 1st 2:23 – Goalie Interference
- Jerred Smithson – 1st 4:13 – Tripping
- Patric Hornqvist – 1st 9:43 – Roughing
- Jordin Tootoo – 2nd 10:32 – Hooking
- Teemu Laakso – 2nd 15:00 – Delay of Game – Puck over Ice
- Patric Hornqvist – 2nd 19:36 – Tripping
- Brian McGrattan – 3rd 12:02 – Boarding
- The Kings took control of the puck during the second and scored two goals on Anders, sending the Kings ahead by two once again.
- The Predators pulled Lindbäck, adding an extra man to storm the crease. It played well for the Predators, with Patric “penalty box” Hornqvist redeeming himself, scoring the goal to put the Preds down by one (assists from Martin Erat and Ryan Suter).