There’s no hangover for Nashville after claiming both victory over the Dallas Stars in OT and the No. 1 spot in the League, but there is noteworthy news to be discussed.
- After making his NHL debut and scoring his first NHL career goal, Right Winger Miikka Salomaki has been reassigned to the Milwaukee Admirals.
- Salomaki’s reassignment is more than likely due in part to James Neal, Taylor Beck, and Matt Cullen hitting the ice in today’s practice (along with practicing in more recent ones as well, too). All three are registered on IR, with Neal being the most recent due to a lower-body injury. Matt Cullen (upper-body) and Taylor Beck (illness) should be ready to return to the active roster pretty soon. 12:53PM Update: Both Taylor Beck and Matt Cullen have been activated from the Injured Reserve.
- No word has been released on how serious of an injury Ryan Ellis sustained last night. Ellis left the ice during the second period, did not return for the remainder of said game, and did not participate in team practice this morning. It is known, however, to be a lower-body injury of sorts.
- Still no word on what injury caused Eric Nystrom to be placed on the IR so quickly.
- Head Coach Peter Laviolette has been named one of the Head Coaches for the 2015 All-Star Game in Columbus! Darryl Sutter of the L.A. Kings will be the other head coach.
Welp, that’s the news for now. Of course, if anything else pops up – like if the NHL wants to ignore the Predators some more – it’ll be added to the list!